Mary was young unmarried girl when God called her to be the mother of Jesus, but she risked rejection by her future husband and death by stoning to fulfil her calling in God.
She fulfilled her destiny by being:-
- Obedient to God – she said to Gabriel, “let it be to me according to Your word”
- Humbled herself to do God’s will
- By faith to receive her promise
Our Lord Jesus also fulfilled His destiny in God. He was called to be the Saviour of the world by becoming the Lamb of God to take away the sin of the world (John 1:29, Luke 2:11). Jesus fulfilled His destiny by being:-
- Obedient to God – He set His face toward Jerusalem and the cross
- He humbled Himself to die as a man on the cross for the world
- With God kind of faith He knew God could and would raise Him from the dead
As believers we are all called by God to fellowship with Him as His children. We are called to keep His commandments, we are called to love and serve Him. This is the will of God for our lives. We may not all be called to be Bible translators, missionaries or apostles, but we can all fulfil our destiny by being obedient to God’s command, humbling ourselves to serve Him and walking by faith and not by sight.
If you would like to accept Jesus into your heart please pray the following prayer.
“Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.”
If you have just prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, congratulations! We invite you to contact us as we would love to pray a blessing over your life and help guide you on your journey.
The next step. As a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God.
God bless you.